Do you need duct work?
Ducts are crucial elements in safety for your home. It is important to keep your ducts leak-free and clean to maintain this safety. Contact us to learn how asbestos can potentially use your ducts to harm you.
Ducts are used in HVAC systems to deliver and remove air. They are most commonly known for and used as ventilation ducts. The duct work you require depends on what it is used for, however cleaning them is a universally needed service.
Signs that your ducts need cleaning:
- You need to dust and sweep more than usual when you are cleaning your home.
- There is left-over dust flying around your home when you are finished cleaning.
- You experience congestion or other sinus problems, and you experience headaches after or during sleep.
- You have little to no air-flow coming out of your vent(s).
- You are experience more allergies than usual, or you are constantly getting sick.
- There is a musty or stale odor when you turn on your a/c or furnace.
- You are experiencing headaches, stuffy nose, fatigue, nausea, dry eyes/nose/throat, or sneezing.
Signs that your duct needs sealing or is performing badly:
- It is hard to heat or cool spaces or rooms in your home.
- Your duct is in a crawl space, unheated basement, a leaky floor cavity or an attached garage.
- Your utility bills are higher than average based on the rate fluctuation.
The components of a duct system:
- Stacks, heads, and boots
- Vibration isolators
- Volume control dampers also known as VCDs
- Fire and smoke dampers
- Air terminals
- Terminal units
The materials used in a duct system:
- Pre-insulated air ducts
- Fiberglass duct board
- Flexible ducting
- Fabric ducting or air socks